Food Safety Level 3
Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety forCatering (RQF)
WHO REQUIRES THIS QUALIFICATION?
Supervisors/managers and future supervisors and managers.
The training of food handlers is a legal requirement, and the key to profitability and high standards of food safety is to train supervisors and managers and ensure their competency.
This course is a face to face classroom delivery providing a full certified qualification not a non regulated e learning course.
WHAT DOES THE QUALIFICATION COVER?
- The importance of food safety management procedures and complying with the law.
- The role of the supervisor in maintaining food safety.
- Ensuring that microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards are controlled.
- Ensuring good temperature control and stock rotation.
- The importance of ensuring good personal hygiene and preventing contamination, including hand-washing, protective clothing, cuts, training and reporting illness.
- Ensuring that work areas and equipment are kept clean and safe.
- Ensuring safe waste disposal and pest management.
- Implementing food safety management systems.
How long will it take?
To complete this qualification learners should expect to undertake a minimum of 20 hours of learning = 3 x 7 hour session.
This qualification is assessed by
a multiple-choice examination.
Course Fees £180.00 per delegate
Minimum delegate per course 4 maximum 16 .