Practical Cookery Course Level 2
This book has been written to cover everything you need for the Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery course. It is also a great resource for catering students on other courses, and for anyone training in a hospitality and catering workplace or the budding self learning amateur chef. The purpose of the book is to give you a good foundation for a career in professional cookery or the confidence to produce some outstanding dishes safely and professionally.
The key outcomes of this course are:
- To behave in a professional way, with a good attitude, smart appearance and all the necessary skills
- To learn about food commodities, their costs and quality points, and how to use them
- To be able to use recipes to prepare, cook and serve dishes of good quality, with good presentation.
- As you gain more experience, to start developing your own original recipe ideas
- To understand the principles of healthy eating and basic nutrition
- To carry out healthy, hygienic and safe procedures at all times when storing, preparing, cooking and serving food, and understand why this is essential.
In Chapters 8 to 16 you will find a large selection of recipes including basic dishes, many classical dishes that have their origins in the traditional French kitchen, international recipes, and 'eclectic' cuisine - dishes in which influences around the world are mixed together.
Click on download button to access the book.